I don't like coffee but I love Starbucks

so read along as I unravel the world around me from a coffeeshop

Friday, May 21, 2010

April 27 republic darjeeling full leaf black tea

If you don't know how I feel about things with hokey names that try too hard to sound fancy or clever, let me tell you, I'm not a fan. That being said, "darjeeling" should just drive me crazy. In this case however it didn't. Heres why: my mom came to Boston for a couple days and the two of us went to the Melting Pot, a pretty nice restaurant. As always, I ordered a simple iced tea. The iced tea that appeared at my table was no where near simple though. First the neat cocktail napkin. Then the long skinny iced tea spoon. A sturdy glass with just the right amount of ice and a bright lemon perched on the rim. A little cup of sugar packets (lots of white/real sugar ones too! none of that fake stuff for me) And then tada! the main event: a tall curve bottle of pale black tea with a rustic Republic of Tea label. I was in awe. I was overcome with excitement. I took pictures on my phone. Clearly, I'm easily impressed. So moral of the story, if you want to give something a fancy name, it must actually be fancy.

The parents came to visit the weekend before I moved out, creating the assumption that they were there to help move me. However I don't believe they ever even came to campus, but their visit was a nice escape from my own packing/studying for finals. Its funny how something like basically moving across country a couple times a year can seem normal. I'm proud to report that I have now stowed away most of my belonging in a little storage unit in Roxbury and brought my summertime clothes and amazing memories of this past year back to the golden state.

No comments:

Post a Comment