I don't like coffee but I love Starbucks

so read along as I unravel the world around me from a coffeeshop

Friday, May 21, 2010

May 2nd cream soda and blue raspberry sno shack

Sno shack is the sign of summer, at least for Bakersfield, CA. Near the end of April, I received a text telling me of the beloved blue hut's icy return for the next 5 or 6 months. Thats how big a deal this place is. Worthy of informing people who live 2999 miles away. So naturally upon my return to the Bakersfield summer I visited sno shack as well as all the other hometown places I thought existed everywhere until I moved away.
Going home is weird enough after eight months in college but its especially weird when a) you dont live there anymore and b) no one else is home from college yet (because Northeastern gets out freakishly early) It's fun to be the local celebrity for a weekend and interesting to think back to where I was this time last year. Senior prom was a day I had marked in my calender months earlier, finals and classes were funny at best, and the people around me were the same ones I'd known seemingly all my life and either couldn't get be rid of soon enough or thought I couldn't live without. Oh how times have changed but its best to not forget the past and how it has gotten you to where you are in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment