I don't like coffee but I love Starbucks

so read along as I unravel the world around me from a coffeeshop

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Grande vanilla rooibos tea

I've gotten this African red tea before in the Snapple iced bottled version. The main difference I can see between these two is the amount of hype; Snapple advertises this red tea as the last great discovery the Earth will ever find. Starbucks just throws it up on the menu board with all the other Tazos. C'mon Starbucks, this is something special (obviously it's special--no one can pronounce it) play it up!

Something Interesting:
College students are truly fascinating creatures. We are entirely inconsistent with what we say we are. We say will do anything for our grades, unless that means studying on Friday and Saturday night. All we want to do is sleep, unless we have an exam or paper we have neglected and must stay up all night to study or write. Or, of course its a Friday or Saturday night, we'll forgo sleep as well. We call our dorm home and love our friends like family, but really, sometimes we just want to go to our real home with our parents and our dogs. This is a personal deception, too; its mostly unconscious lying and confusion.

Something a little disheartening:
Think about how much time you spend waiting....waiting for grades, waiting for someone to email you back, waiting for the light to change, waiting for something interesting to happen, waiting for anything...

Something to negate the previous disheartening statement:
I guess to look at this in a positive light I'll throw in some food for thought: enjoy the moments spent waiting. Write down the things you're waiting for so you don't forget and file them away. I like to think of my brain as a giant filing cabinet. When there's nothing I can do about a situation, I file it away and lock it up. I've got a bunch of cool magnets and post-its and whimsical things on the outside to keep me entertained while I'm ignoring the said uncontrollable thing. I have a daily calender titled "3600 things to be happy about." Everyday I post a page to the filing cabinet and smile while I wait.

Well that's all for today, I've got work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment