I don't like coffee but I love Starbucks

so read along as I unravel the world around me from a coffeeshop

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

water/venti iced green tea

So I came to sit in Starbucks but figured out I didn't really want anything. Even if I did, I cant leave my spot now after having to scope it out and swipe it as soon as the guy previously sitting here vacated the area. I think I'll get an iced tea to go before class so I'll add my future order to the title.

The group of about ten people to the right of me is clearly some sort of study or discussion group. There are a couple of older adults and the rest are obviously students. I think one of the women is even the student's professor or advisor, as she is facilitating the discussion. They were all sharing stories of AA meetings and the people they met there, family members with various ailments and tough situations, work and class experience, etc. Starbucks support group? I love when I see people in these situations. We unload our problems on people so often we take it for granted that its special to have another human being who will take our feelings into their heart and take care of you when you need it. I have some advice for life today that is a little deeper "than don't sleep on the couches at Starbucks because it's creepy." Be conscious of when others really need your support (and aren't just ranting perhaps) and bring them in so they know they have comfort and someone to talk to in you. Also, pay attention to what you tell other people. If you scare them away with only talking about the negative in your life, they may not know when you really need them.
Live. Love. Live love.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little offended by the "tired of the orange tea"...guess I know what I can get you for an easter basket ;)

    ReplyDelete