I don't like coffee but I love Starbucks

so read along as I unravel the world around me from a coffeeshop

Monday, February 15, 2010

tazo black tea at home

I drink tea in the dorm in the same fashion that chain smokers smoke cigarettes. Rather than using my last cigarette to light the next, I just make the most of my tea bags. This works best with something like the tazo black tea because it is ridiculously strong (like, dip the tea bag in and pull it back out strong) I could work at Starbucks with this skill of steeping Tazo I possess. I wonder why they don't have their own brand of tea though; there is Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea at Starbucks. Oh well, don't fix it if it isn't broken.

I actually walked by a Starbucks today. It wasn't my Starbucks though, one off-campus, and it was crazy busy! Today's President's Day so no one has school or work and it's supposed to be 41 degrees today so everyone was out on the town.

Children in Boston are officially the cutest kids in the world. I love seeing the families all bundled up in the city. I really wish I was under the age of 10 and could pull off a warm hat with an animal face and ears! Anyway, this story is about a particular little girl outside the Starbucks. This little darling was living the life--chilling in her stroller with no one bothering her but with loving parents standing nearby. Grasped in her miniature hands was a blueberry muffin approximately the size of her head. muffins and cupcakes are slightly daunting to anyone who wants to eat in public (do you eat the top then the bottom, or bottom then top, or attempt going in from the side...?) Little miss pigtails was completely fixated on this muffin though and dove right in without a fear of the blueberry on her nose or the crumbs on her lab. I wanted to point her out to everyone I saw just because you couldn't look at her without smiling. :-)

Happy President's Day

2 comments:

  1. Want to hear a funny story? Starbucks actually owns Tazo, so they do in fact have their "own" tea. They also own Ethos (the company that makes their bottled water), Clover (they make coffee equpiment), and Hear Music (the label that produces all the music they sell in their stores). Insane, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post that Starbucks owned Tazo but Ryan beat me to it! Starbucks does like to have control on all that they are invloved with... that little girl sounds super cute!

    ReplyDelete